Having a sparkly new rock on your ring finger can turn even the most laid-back nearlyweds into seriously stressed brides. You’ve got way too much on your plate – from late night DIY sessions to last minute vendor appointments. But here’s the good news: being engaged allows you some very special privileges you’ll likely never be granted again. Read on for ten weird pre-wedding things you won’t be able to get away with forever.
1. Proudly give your STD to everyone you know.
(That’s a “save the date” if you’re new at this.)
2. Send people a list of $5,000 worth of gifts that you’d like to receive.
3. Invite a bunch of people to a party and tell them they better not wear jeans or one specific color.
4. Get people to plan expensive parties in your honor and shower you with gifts.
5. Insist five people go on a shopping trip with you…but only so they can sit there and watch you try on clothes.
6. Get friends and family to do several tedious tasks for you, no questions asked.
7. Make your friends pay to get their hair, nails, and makeup done in the style of your choosing.
8. Hire a professional to take photos of you and your partner standing in a field doing nothing except fake-laughing…and then send said photos to all your closest friends.
(Awkward engagement photos FTW!)
9. Throw a party and force people to sit with whomever you decide.
10. Tell your friends to all dress alike for an event…in matching $200 dresses…and actually have them do it.
Read on for more inspiration:
Got a tough wedding question? Download the Loverly app to chat FREE with one of our virtual wedding planners and choose from affordable planning packages.