For W magazine, by Jane Larkworthy.
As soon as November hits, every part of me gets parched. Here is my arsenal of hydrating helpers.
1. Alcohol can be drying to skin; perfume contains alcohol. Solution? These three sublime oil-based scents—the white-floral Bikini Questa Sera, the rhubarb and violet Tornade Blonde, and the rose and amber Trouble in Heaven—from the shoe god himself.
Christian Louboutin Perfume Oils, $320 each, christianlouboutin.com
2. I soften my arms and knees with this hemp-seed and coconut-oil formula, which is infused with a heavenly rosemary scent.
Marley Natural Hemp Seed Body Salve, $22, marleynatural.com
3. With its flan-like consistency, this cream rich in vitamin E, polyphenols, and hyaluronic acid feels like a mask going on but sinks in quickly, the way a good moisturizer should.
Givenchy L’Intemporel Global Youth Divine Rich Cream, $165, saks.com
4. This pomade of emu oil, tea tree oil, and salicylic acid targets calluses and the balls of my feet, but the eucalyptus scent makes me wish it were formulated for use in places where I could get a better whiff of it.
Margaret Dabbs London Foot Hygiene Cream, $40, margaretdabbs.co.uk
5. Keratin, peptides, shea butter, and coconut oil in this mask leave my hair stronger and more supple. Bonus: It comes with a bonnet that makes you look like Betty Draper on a spa day.
Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Age-Defying Hair Mask, $75, peterthomasroth.com